My Negroni Trifle was such a hit that when Pinkster gin sent me a bottle of their raspberry gin, together with their gin jam, I thought I would create The Raspberry Gin and Tonic Ice-Cream Float that could be served as a dessert or a drink, or maybe both!
So where to begin? I’ve just adapted this recipe to suit the raspberries in Pinkster gin
You can see the full saga on my instagram stories as some things (THE SYRUP) were a flipping challenge.
Ingredients for Raspberry Gin and Tonic Ice-cream
- 100ml water
- 100ml Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 punnets of raspberries
- A couple of sprigs of fresh mint
- 200ml double cream
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 60ml Pinkster raspberry gin
Method for making the syrup
- Simmer the water, tonic water and sugar together.
- Add handful of raspberries and a sprig of mint, plus some jam if desired.
- Leave the syrup to simmer and thicken for about 15 mins (Don’t do what I did and leave it to turn back into jam!
- Strain and then place in the fridge to cool.
Method for making the Raspberry Gin and Tonic Ice-cream
- Whisk the double cream in a large bowl until it thickens
- Add the gin
- Slowly whisk in icing sugar.
- Add 50ml of the raspberry syrup, stir until smooth.
- Stir in a handful of chopped raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into a lidded container and freeze overnight.