I was first introduced to gin by the original and best Gin Queen, B, my late mother-in-law.
A G&T was often placed into my hand as I stepped over the threshold. Gordon’s and tonic (invariably just shown the glass), ice and a slice of lime. We’d sit, sip and put the world to rights.
My tastes have broadened with the advent of the new age of gin. New botanicals, new brands, craft gins and revival gins are now available and for a Gin Queen like me, it’s heaven.
I launched The Gin Queen in December 2013 to share my enthusiasm for gin and the people who make it. The content has since expanded to include cocktail recipes and interviews with industry movers and shakers, and is now Australia’s biggest blog dedicated to all things gin.
- Owner of Gin Queen on Tour – Gin Distillery Tours
- Australian Ambassador for World Gin Day
- Partner and organiser for Junipalooza Melbourne
- Associate Judge for the 2017 Australian Distilled Spirits Awards
- Top 100 Most Influential List 2015 compiledby Australian Bartender Magazine
- Featured in ABC Landline’s documentary ‘Gin Sling’ about the emerging Australian Gin
- Speaker at Australia’s premier boutique liquor festival, Australian Drinks Festival (Top Shelf)
- First Australian member of industry body, The Gin Guild.
- Member of the Australian Distillers Association
- Holder of Level 2 WSET in Wine and Spirits
For interviews, events and more information, contact: email@example.com